Experiencing hair loss is one of the most common problems that affect men and women of every age. According to many studies, around 80% of men and 50% of women experience hair loss before middle age. Hair loss experience can also affect your emotional health as it develops stress and anxiety for the way we look in society.
There are many reasons which can trigger hair loss in men and women. Although it is frequently considered a hereditary condition, many studies have reported that it goes beyond one’s genes. However, many superfoods for hair loss can solve this problem.
What causes hair loss?
One of the common reasons for hair loss is lineage. Some men and women suffer from a genetic predisposition for hair follicles that are sensitive to certain hormones present in their bodies. These hormones lead to progressive thinning of hair follicles, leading to complete baldness. There are treatments for hair loss, including a proper diet regime, consumption of food that makes your hair grow super fast, exercise, etc.
Addressing other hair loss causes may include certain medical conditions, illnesses, supplements, poor diet, stress, and certain hairstyles. Other autoimmune diseases like cancers, thyroid conditions, anemia, etc., also lead to hair fall problems. But the super foods for hair growth can help counter most of these issues.
Hair loss can also be exacerbated by fad diets, menopause, cholesterol, and other undiagnosed health conditions. The good news is that hair fall problems can be treated in many ways, among which the easiest is the consumption of superfoods for hair growth. Many hair growth superfoods stop the shedding of a hair and make it healthier and stronger.
What are the treatments for hair loss?
There are a few treatment methods that individuals can use who suffer from the problem of hair loss. Some medical therapies include over-the-counter medicines like minoxidil and low-level light therapy devices, which help in increasing the overall vitality of hair follicles. Another example is the EXT or Extreme Hair Therapy, an at-home treatment to stimulate hair growth. Low-level Laser Light Therapy is also proven beneficial in the regrowth of hair.
Apart from these medicines and treatment methods, there are many types of superfoods for hair regrowth. By consuming these foods in your daily diet, you can get rid of the hair fall problem, and new hair will start to grow on your head.
What are the superfoods for hair loss?
Poor nutrition is also one of the causes of hair loss. Nutrition deficiency may have an adverse effect on the hair follicles that trigger hair fall. That is why the doctors usually suggest some super foods for hair growth.
Superfoods for hair regrowth contains nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, and some of these foods are as follows:
- Nuts that contain omega – 3 fatty acids, vitamin E, biotin
- Sweet potatoes
- Green peas
Just like our body, the hair also needs all the necessary nutrients in order to be healthy. Mentioned below are some of the best superfoods for hair loss that help you prevent this problem and reduce your hair fall to a great extent.
- Eggs: Eggs are rich in protein, which helps maintain hair strength, making them good super foods for hair growth.
- Peanuts: It is also one of the best superfoods for hair regrowth as peanuts are also high in protein and prevent hair loss.
- Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, flax seeds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and other nutrients give your hair the required nutrition and make it stronger and healthier.
- Amla: Another superfood for hair fall that helps prevent this problem is Amla. It is a rich source of Vitamin C and boosts overall immunity.
- Barley: Another best superfood for hair growth is barley, as it is very rich in vitamin E, which is one of the significant vitamins in the treatment of hair fall.
- Fish: Fatty fishes like salmon are rich sources of protein and vitamin A which increase hair density and make hair thicker, making it one of the best super foods for hair growth.
If you want to understand how you can incorporate these superfoods for hair fall into your diet, get in touch with your dietician.
What are the 10 superfoods for hair growth?
Here are a few of the best super foods for hair growth:
- Eggs: These are rich in protein, making hair follicles grow and promote hair growth. Eggs are also excellent sources of zinc and selenium, which is why they are highly regarded among the best super foods for hair growth.
- Berries: You may have super grow of hair with food like berries, as they contain healthy compounds and vitamins to promote hair growth. It also contains vitamin C that has antioxidant properties that protect the hair follicles from damage.
- Spinach: This vegetable is loaded with nutrients like iron, folate, vitamin A and C, etc. It is also a great source of iron that fuels metabolism in your body and promotes hair growth.
- Sweet Potatoes: It is considered one of the 10 superfoods for hair growth as it contains vitamin A which is essential for good hair health.
- Avocados: They are an excellent source of vitamin E and have antioxidant properties which combat hair loss problems.
- Seeds: Sunflower seeds, flax seeds, etc., including zinc, vitamin E, and selenium that are essential for healthy hair.
- Oysters: They are excellent at supporting hair growth and preventing baldness.
- Shrimp: Shrimps are rich in protein, vitamin B and iron, and promote hair growth.
- Beans: Beans are plant-based sources of protein that are rich in zinc and excellent sources for hair growth.
- Meat: Meats are rich in nutrients and strengthen the hair follicles.
If you are looking to have the best superfood for hair growth with your diet, consult with your nutrition and diet specialist.