World Plastic Surgery Day- 15th July, India’s gift to the world by Shri Maharshi Shushrut.
A surgical procedure in the field of medicine performed to improve the looks or functions of a particular part of the body through moulding is called Plastic surgery. The word plastic originates from the Greek word plastike, which means “the art of sculpting or modelling”. Although it is a common belief among the masses that it is just used to change a person’s face, there are several positive effects of plastic surgery. It might be because of the reason that the pros of cosmetic surgery are not commonly known.
So following are a few reasons why plastic surgery is good:
- Physical Enhancement: One of the most significant plastic surgery benefits is physical enhancement. Plastic or cosmetic surgery would help you achieve the best possible appearance to provide you with the physique you have always aspired for. But one of the biggest pros of cosmetic surgery is the betterment of your physical health. Plastic surgery performed to eliminate the fatty tissues around the belly is called liposuction or lipoplasty. The best plastic surgeon with a top-notch surgical facility can transform you into a completely revamped, healthy individual. For example, rhinoplasty is a prevalent cosmetic procedure performed to correct any structural faults like deviated nose, bump nose, parrot beak nose can be easily corrected easily. If you would like to have plastic surgery with health benefits to your physique, consult with the experts at Amish Hospital.
- Mental Health Benefits: Another one of the many positive effects of plastic surgery is the improvement in your mental or psychological health. As you achieve a better physique and an overall appearance, it provides you with a positive effect on your mental state. Often, people are highly bothered by an aspect of their physical appearance (anything from a crooked nose to a chubby body) and the comments that come with it. It builds up into a massive ball of frustration affecting their mental health. Sometimes, women get discouraged after giving birth because of the toll it takes on their bodies. So having plastic surgery would provide them with excellent physical health and improve their mental health. The mental health advantages of plastic surgery include eradication of anxiety, social phobia or social anxiety disorder (SAD), improved quality of life, increased self-esteem, etc. Consult with the experts at Amish Hospital to better understand the reasons why plastic surgery can be good for your psychological health.
- Minimally Invasive Nature: Often, people are afraid to undergo any surgical procedure. But over the last decade, certain significant technological advancements have made plastic surgery a minimally invasive procedure, which has become one of the biggest pros of plastic surgery. Nowadays, it is being performed with the aid of a scope to view the insides of the concerned part of your body and specially designed tiny surgical instruments. It allows the surgeon to perform precise surgery through small incisions. Minimally invasive cosmetic or plastic surgery uses sophisticated equipment like lasers, microneedle RF, thread, fillers, etc to carry out the surgeries that took a long time and even longer recovery. That is one of the reasons why plastic surgery can be very good for people who are afraid of the relatively invasive methods of surgery involving larger cuts and incisions. Contact Amish Hospital if you would like to know about the plastic surgery benefits related to its minimally invasive nature.
- Improved Self-esteem: Having a physical deformity or anything to do with your appearance might badly affect your self-esteem. Self-confidence and self-esteem are two of the biggest virtues everyone should possess. But it might take a hit due to the recurrent and long-lasting judgement from the people you know. When you care about someone else’s opinion about yourself, you want it to be good. Otherwise, it might take a toll on your mental well-being. That is why one of the most significant advantages of plastic surgery is its ability to provide you with a better appearance for you to regain the self-esteem you might have lost. In a survey, it was observed that people who decided to weigh in the positive effects of plastic surgery not only regained their physique and appearance but were also found to be less prone to psychological issues like anxiety, depression, self-deprecation and low self-esteem. Among the plastic surgery benefits, the best one might be the ability to help a person re-assess their self-respect and gain inner happiness.
- Faster Weight-loss: We often come across people with weight issues. These problems might originate from several causes, including improper dietary habits, underlying medical conditions, post-pregnancy issues, etc. Often they can lose weight with the help of a daily routine involving workouts along with a strict diet. But sometimes, no matter how hard they try, it might not work. In that case, plastic surgery health benefits might come into the picture as it can help you lose weight via the minimally invasive surgical procedure, liposuction. If you want to know about one of the biggest pros of plastic surgery, i.e. liposuction, contact Amish Hospital, and we will provide you with the required information.
- Reshaping and Reconstruction: Often, physical deformities like cleft lip, saddle nose, breast and ears can result in teasing and judgemental comments from the people whose opinion you care about. It can sometimes result in a mental breakdown. The advantages of plastic surgery include rhinoplasty, liposuction, mammaplasty, mastectomy (for cancer patients), etc., which can help you avoid any such situation with the help of reconstructive procedures. Plastic surgeons might be able to provide you with the best outcomes for your physical deformities.
- Better Life Ahead: Certain physical deformities like weight issues, broken noses, etc., might cause you to have problems in your daily routine. If you have too large breasts, it might result in back pain and other problems. Plastic surgery can reduce the size of the breasts and bring a proper balance between them and the rest of the body, which would be beneficial to you in the longer run. As mentioned earlier, it can also help you achieve a better contour for your body, making it easier for you to do the daily chores.
If you want any further information about the various plastic surgery benefits, consult with the experts at Amish Hospital.