Cosmetic surgery is a specialized branch of Plastic surgery, which involves moulding of body for enhancement of beauty and appearance. If a person considers himself inferior because of his external appearance resulting in loss of self confidence and deterioration in his personal and professional life, then cosmetic surgery is of great help.
Now a day many doctors from other fields and even the paramedics are performing cosmetic procedures, regardless of whether they have specialized training in that field or not. You have to be very careful in choosing a doctor: consider the following points.
- You should feel comfortable and be able to discuss your problem openly with the specialist.
- Determine whether the specialist is well trained and experienced by asking him for his qualifications.
- Look for a doctor who willingly discusses and risks.
- Beware of anyone who guarantees results. No credible practitioner will give you guarantees.
- The surgeon’s reputation among other physicians is also to be considered.
- In all probability a good surgeon will often refuse to perform a procedure that is not in your best interest.